Monday, February 20, 2006

How fickle life is..

Other day (infact 8 months ago), my friend and I were walking down the city centre. As we were waiting to cross the road, we noticed a pigeon limping along the middle of the road. It looked like the pigeon had a broken leg. I was thinking of moving the pigeon to a place of relative safety but was a little petrified about handling the bird. So, I turned to my friend and asked him if he would carry it and leave it some where else. Looks like he was also a little wary of handling birds and as we stood there discussing, a car zoomed past and the next thing we heard was a bone crunching sound. I knew what had happened even without looking and as I looked at the driver, I could see her gasping as she realised what she had done but it was too late. This incident haunts me to this day and makes me look hard at myself for the lack of timely action which could have saved the bird. If only I could turn back the clock.....

Digg It Indianpad

0 comments so far...