Well, looks like I celebrated too soon after the installation of websphere integration developer application yesterday. This morning, at work, I tried starting the process server and waited for a few minutes which eventually became 10 minutes. The IDE kept saying that its trying to start the server. The funny part was, the server was actually running and I was able to access the server through a browser but my damn IDE wasnt registering that and as a result, I couldnt do any work from within the IDE. I tried applying a few patches and updates but to no avail. I guess I will be doing the same tomorrow and probably the day after as well.