Saturday, February 03, 2007

Happy news

Well, I have become an uncle for the second time, thanks to the efforts my brother and bhabhi put in. They have been blessed with a baby boy. Both mom and baby are doing fine. It's sad that we are all staying far apart and cannot be around for such important events. Time indeed flies. It just feels like yesterday when I was in Chicago for my first nephews first birthday. Now that little one is closing in on on four. It will be really nice if I can make a quick trip to US to see the new born but given my current visa status in the UK, it's going to be hard getting visa to go to the US. Hopefully, I will get to see my nephew in person soon.

On another note, I have finalised my travel plans to India (again!!!). I will be spending a little more than a month in Chennai and I am really looking forward to it. It would be nice to make a trip to some touristic place in Kerala like Kumarakom or Munnar and rounding it up with a visit to Kottarakara where our family deity resides and enjoys the appam that's freshly prepared everyday.. slurp slurp. Also, make a small detour and visit Madurai and the famous Meenakshi amman temple. That will be fantastic. If you guys have any suggestions for places in Kerala to visit, drop me a line. Your tips are welcome and I can use a little help in finalising my plans in India. I will be visiting Chennai during the Tamil new year's festival and it will be nice to spend time with family and friends for the festive occasion. Last time when I was in Chennai, I did enjoy helping dad out with his work at the music school. I am sure I will be spending some time at the school during this trip as well. Also, hopefully, I will escape the heatwave that will start in May. I will also be back in UK for the start of the cricket season and hopefully wont miss any of the league matches.





Last weekend I travelled to Bristol to attend the AGM for my league cricket team. Well, we do take our cricket seriously and play in all earnest. I was told that I had won the best batsman award for my performances in the second team and I finally got to lay my hands on the trophy. So chuffed to bits. Last year, during mid season, I sustained a cruciate ligament injury and had to miss most of the matches in the second half of the season. I have been going to the gym regularly to get my knee in as good a shape as possible for the forthcoming season. I hope I have put in enough work to withstand the rigours of playing cricket. I do understand getting physically fit is just a small part. The mental scar takes a lot longer to heal and that's what worries me most. Cricket net session starts tomorrow and I will find out soon how prepared I am. Wish me luck.

This week has been filled with happy events and hope it continues in the same vein!!!!!!!!!

Digg It Indianpad

0 comments so far...