Sunday, May 13, 2007

Have you missed me?

It's been a long time since I posted anything on my blog. I was in India for a month and just got back last week. A lot of things happened while I was in India and it kept me busy and away from the blog. It was a welcome distraction and now it feels to good to be back posting something.

During my stay in India, we spent a week in Kodaikkanal which provided a welcome respite from the Chennai heat. Immediately after our stay at the hill station, we chose to make amends and visit places like Madurai, Tuticorin and Kerala to get our bodies warmed up. So, spent a day with my uncle and aunt, grandfather and also visiting our family deity in Kottarakara. It was a special visit this time to the temple as there was a festival taking place and we reached on time for the concluding ceremony. It's a small temple and it was filled with people dressed prettily, majestic elephants, mucic band playing classical music and lots of atmosphere. There were firecrackers going off in the background and music blaring through the loudspeakers.

Once back in Chennai, it was back to more mundane stuff. I also kept myself busy by attending my dad's music school and refreshed my musical skills. Met up with a few relatives and friends. Here are some snaphots from my recent trip to India.




Digg It Indianpad

5 comments so far...

ramya said...

Nice pictures.A homecoming sensation!Your second nephew baby photos looks exactly like my boy as newborn.Congrats for added promotion.

Mahesh Subramanian said...

Ramya, not sure if you visited my blog before but thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. Do you have a blog? Cheers

Ramya said...

Oh sorry,I forgot that I had disabled my view profile and commenting temporarily.It's my first visit to your blog But you had visited mine if you remember.

Ramya said...

Oh Sorry!I forgot to remember that My view profile and commenting is disabled temporarily.But you had visited mine if you remember when?

Mahesh Subramanian said...

Yes, I do remember visiting you site but cant remember leaving a comment. But I must have cos otherwise you wouldnt have found your way back. Looks like your profile and commenting are still disabled. You got quite a few recipes there. May be I ought to try a few of them to bring some variation into my routine mundane cooking...