Thursday, April 24, 2008

How dasavatharam created a frenzy?

Timing is everything in business. I just understood that. To be successful, you need to get the timing right most of the time. That's true in the blog world too. If you are an aspiring blogger and are looking to monetize your blog, you need to come up with content that's not only new but also something people want to hear about and that too in a timely manner.

What has this got to do anything with Dasvatharam? Well, I came across this trailer of Dasavatharam movie on youtube a few days back and it was very recently uploaded. So, there was a fairly good chance that not many people would have seen it. So, I just knocked up a quick post about the trailer and embedded the Youtube movie within the article. I also posted the article in a few forums such as Digg and Indianpad. This helps in making your article accessible as these forums are frequented by a lot of users.

The following morning, I checked my Google analytics account and was astounded to see close to 600 visitors in a day. I hardly get more than 10 visitors a day. So, you could say this was a pleasant shock.

You can check these figures from my Analytics account.


The figures (above and below) show the visits to my blog categorised by geographical region.

The really good part for people wishing to monetise their blog is that Google does pay when adverts are displayed. They need not be clicked and hence if you can sustain a high number of visitors to your blog in a consistent manner, you can assure yourself of a decent return.

Now, all I need to do is post something fun, original and interesting often and make sure I beat everyone to it!!!

Digg It Indianpad

0 comments so far...