Thursday, July 17, 2008

A day out in Edinburgh ...

I am attending a workshop in Edinburgh. This is my first visit to the wonderful historic city. As I was making my way from the airport to the hotel, I was really impressed with the vast expansive greenery on sight and how beautiful the buildings looked. They have a very beautiful appeal and are very aesthetically pleasing. Even though, the skies were gloomy and it was raining all day long, I managed to squeeze in a walk through the town center at the end of day.

I walked along the famous Royal Mile. I didn't get a chance to see the castle as it was closed by the time I got there. Hopefully, if I do get some time off tomorrow, I may try and squeeze in a visit. This is my first travel visit without my camera. Hence, I resorted to using my camera on the mobile phone (which is a Sony Ericsson k800i). Though the camera limitations are exposed when you have to work in low light, it performs adequately in other conditions.

I was able to capture most of the sights around the city center in Edinburgh and here are a few for you guys to see.










Shop selling Scottish souvenir

A beautiful building

Cathedral

Narrow staircase path connection Market street and Cockburn street

Another beautiful building

I should be back in Cardiff tomorrow night and I truly intend to visit Edinburgh again on a leisurely note and spend some quality time here.

Adios!!!

Digg It Indianpad

0 comments so far...